Irish National ICU Audit Objectives
The Irish National ICU Audit was established by NOCA in 2013 and focuses on the care of patients in adult Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and Paediatric Intensive Care Units (PICUs). Patients cared for in these Units are the very sickest patients in the hospital.
The objectives of the Irish National ICU Audit include the following:
- Measure the quality of care in ICU by benchmarking outcomes
- Use the Audit to drive improvements in the quality of care
- Measure activity to inform the conﬁguration of critical care
- Provide data to support the Hospital In-Patient Enquiry (HIPE) system and activity-based funding (ABF)
- Audit healthcare-associated infection (HCAI), and
- Audit potential organ donors and organ donation.