INAS collects high quality data for purpose of healthcare quality improvement including clinical care and service organisation.
1. To maintain a database of all in-patients with a stroke in Ireland to drive continuous quality improvement to deliver the best patient outcomes.
2. Support the collection of high quality data on in-patient strokes in Ireland to permit local and national reporting of outcomes.
3. Disseminate the outputs from the data in a timely manner to all relevant stakeholders.
4. Benchmark stroke care and outcomes against national and international standards.
5. Support / promote use of stroke data for quality improvement initiatives at local and national level.
6. Provide data to support and inform National Policy for stroke and related conditions.