The Irish National Orthopaedic Register (INOR) will define the epidemiology of joint replacement surgery (arthroplasty) in Ireland, and produce an Implant Recall report, standard hospital reports, and other reports for annual NOCA publication.
Through the process of audit and improvement, INOR data will be used to:
- Detect early implant performance based on local epidemiology
- Increase patient care, safety, confidence and overall experience
- Support surgeons with quality data
- Assist surgeons in deciding which joint replacements are performing well
- Provide feedback on the performance of surgeons and institutions
- Improve the efficiency of the recall and review process
- Improve the pre-operative, peri-operative (at the time of surgery) and post-operative process
- Reduce surgical revision rates, improving both costs and patient outcomes
- Provide orthopaedic surgeons with the opportunity to participate in and contribute to measurable clinical audit.